Recuperei tumblr no tablet e mudei a senha, segura agr =))
The World’s Most Beautiful Libraries
“Without libraries what have we? We have no past and no future.” -Ray Bradbury
For centuries, books have housed the collective knowledge of the world and formed the foundations of educational institutions. Given that these objects contain such value, it only makes sense that throughout history people have constructed beautiful buildings to house them.
We put together a list of some of the most beautiful libraries as captured by Instagrammers around the world. For more photos from these architectural wonders, check out their linked location pages below.
- Stuttgart City Library, Stuttgart, Germany
- Trinity College Library, Dublin, Ireland
- Library of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt
- Real Gabinete Português de Leitura, Rio de Janiero, Brazil
- The Royal Danish Library, Copenhagen, Denmark
- George Peabody Library, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Kanazawa Umimirai Library, Kanazawa City, Japan
- New York Public Library, New York City, NY
Otter Relaxes on the Pool’s Edge
Award Winning Garden Design By Ben Hoyle
I want endless amounts of these. They temporarily cause happiness.
Some say pets look like their owners, but one Canadian photographer has taken it to a new and creative extreme. In his series, #petheadz, Zachary Rose (@zachdriftwood) takes DSLR portraits of people’s pets and mashes them up with portraits of their owners by cleverly holding the camera in the foreground.
The series started as an exercise in creativity with his two roommates but quickly caught on. To date, Zach has taken 18 #petheadz portraits of people all over Toronto. (His mom even posed for a photo with her German shepherd.) The project is still on-going with a lengthy wait-list, and Zach is excited to continue meeting people—and pets—around the city as he keeps shooting.